Monday, August 1, 2011

Moiler Monday

Hello. I Just got back from Reno!

Here are the events of the weekend.

My husband has been busy restoring an old F-100. He was really excited that he got it running and so he attempted to pick me up at the airport in it as a surprise. This is Fiona:

Unfortunately he never made it to the airport. He broke down in Sparks. Then, my brother-in-law brought him our F-150 so he could come get me at the airport. I finished my book in the baggage claim.

Here is where I went wrong. I wore a dress. After the airport, we went back to where Fiona was, and he helped my brother-in-law and my father-in-law try to get the truck running again. Let me tell you how cute I looked in my dress standing next to the truck peeking in at the engine! Yep, good times. After about 10 starts and stops, we finally made it home. Then we had my favorite mexican food in Reno, Murriettas.

The next day, our high school buddy and his family came for a visit. I had never met them and I felt very short. They were all at least 5'7" or taller and it was a family of 3 girls and one boy. The girls also brought their boyfriends who were 6'4" and taller or something freakish like that. My neck got tired looking up at them after awhile. We had spaghetti for dinner that night at my in-laws.

On Sunday, we decided it would be fun to rent tubes and float down the Truckee River. We had never done this before, so we winged it. Me, my husband, our buddy and my brother-in-law threw the tubes in the river and started floating. It never dawned on me that the Truckee River is NOT a lazy river for some reason. It moves fast. And has rapids. And drops. It's actually more like one of those rides at Disney. Needless to say, it was a blast, but there were minor injuries. Like this one:

Turns out my arms are too short to reach the water and both of them got a very bad case of rugburn from trying to paddle my way away from rocks and the shore. I also bruised up both knees and sunburned my legs. It was totally worth it though. I would do that again in a heartbeat.

I flew home this morning. Back to work tomorrow!

A moiler is one who toils. In drudgery. Just for added effect.

Hope everyone had an exciting weekend as well.

Much Love,

2 comments:

  1. Can't imagine what injuries you would have if you weren't college educated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very eventful life! I love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete